Want to setup WiFi extender to expand the coverage of the existing network? Great! By doing this users can easily access the extended WiFi network seamlessly. Here are the steps to follow in order to setup extender.
How to Setup Extender Step by Setup:
- Connect the extender to a power source. The LED lights will be on. If there is no indication of LED lights, you can press the Power button.
- After completion of the first step, now jump to the second step to know how to setup extender. Now, connect your system with the extender’s WiFi network. Sometimes the extender network comes with either without password or the default password is "password". In such cases, your device may warn you about the not availability of the internet but you have to keep the WiFi connection on.
How to Setup Extender
- Launch the web browser and enter 192.168.1.250.
- Go to New Extender Setup and click on the "I Agree" box to accept the terms and conditions.
- Go for the extender’s admin credentials. Here you need to select the username and password. Select the answer and the two security questions. They will later help to recover the extender’s admin details when you forget them.
- Tap on the "Next" button. In this step, if the extender asks to use the NETGEAR Genie for any kind of help, then you can click on “Yes” and proceed. These steps need to be followed to know how to setup extender. After that, the extender will search for the local WiFi networks available.
- If you don’t see your existing network, you can search for more results.
- After locating your network, now click on "Next" and it will ask to enter your network password after putting in the password, you can tap on "Next" button.
Router Login & Setup:
- Now you should select SSIDs and passwords for your extender
Picture is just representing the Login page may vary.
- If you want to use the mesh extenders, you have an option to use the same WiFi name and password as the existing network. You have to only select the "Enable One WiFi Name" check box to avail of this.
- Now, tap on "Next". The extender applies to your setting and can be completed within few minutes. If you want to note the WiFi network name and password for each of the extender's bands, then you can do that here.
- On the device you want to connect to the extender network, you have to go for WiFi settings and connect the network. Now you can go to the browser and select the checkbox at the bottom of the page and click on “Continue”. Now you can enjoy the extender service.
Router Network: Default Router Settings
If you want to router login setup, these steps you need to follow.
- Open the web browser on your system.
- Type the IP Address of your router in the address bar and then press enter. The IP address is vital and you should type that correctly for router login.
- Now a new window will appear and it will prompt to put username and password. Now you can put your username and password and then click on “OK”.
- It will connect the network.